Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Hospital Stay- Day 6

Well, today marks 29 weeks!

This morning, they measured my cervix again, and out of several measurements, the shortest they got was .6, so it was a little better than last week! That really doesn't change anything, I'll continue to be on bed rest and they will measure my cervix weekly until they decide otherwise.

Earlier this week, one of the nurses took Blake on a tour of the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) where Hudson will go if he is born earlier than 37 weeks. I wasn't allowed to go since I'm supposed to stay in bed, so when Blake came back, he told me all about it. He said there were lots of "cute babies" and he even saw one that was 1lb 10oz. He said it was the smallest baby he's ever seen!


Above is a picture of Blake's souvenir from the NICU--a preemie diaper. (Next to my ipod so you can see the size)

They didn't measure Hudson this time, and probably won't until next week, but he's more than likely coming up on 3lbs. He pretty much never stops moving and continues to look good on the monitor. My nurses are very sweet and are doing a great job of taking care of us.

Here is a little more about what is going on this week with Hudson's development:

Hudson now weighs in between 2 1/2 and 3 pounds and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain, and his bones are soaking up lots of calcium. This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited into his hardening skeleton each day.

Sorry I don't have a picture for this week, they didn't print me out one, but I did get to see him and he's looking great!

Thanks again for the prayers and all your support! :)

1 comment:

  1. We still have a few of those preemie diapers...we pull them out on ocassion and compare them to Conner now. It's AMAZING how fast they grow!!

    ReplyDelete

 

*The Butler's* | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates