Saturday, July 18, 2009

Big day!

Let me just start off by saying that today has been great!

I have some beautiful flowers to look at and I was able to go outside for the first time in 22 days! A couple weeks ago I asked if I could go take a tour of the NICU (since there is a chance Hudson might have to be there, if he's born before 36 weeks) and they said I did not have wheelchair privileges, so I wasn't able to go. Well, Grace and my mom talked me into asking the nurse if I could go outside if I had Blake lean me back in the wheelchair the whole time, since I was ordered to lay down indefinitely. At first she said no (evidently someone else had already tried that) but I think she could see the disappointment and agreed to at least ASK the doctor. She called and the doctor gave the okay for me to be wheeled outside for 15 minutes! I was so excited! It was like Christmas! They wheeled me outside and I enjoyed a few minutes of fresh air and sunshine, then went back inside. I asked them if I could use part of my 15 minutes to see the nursery. I had been here so long and never got to see the nursery. That was really neat. There were so many cute sleeping babies. On the way back we made another quick detour outside to a balcony for a last whiff of fresh air. It was one of the best things I've been able to do since I've been here. Here is a snapshot of my Kodak moment of the day...



I'm on day 52 of bed rest! I can't believe it's been that long. Just 4 more weeks and they will consider letting me go home. The first thing I'm going to do (after I give my dog a big hug) is take a nice long bath... then maybe run around the block a few times. :)

Other than all that excitement, nothing new to report! Hudson is growing a lot! We get his measurements and weight again Wednesday. Feel free to take a guess (in the right column) as to how much he will weigh in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

*The Butler's* | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates